Helping members plan ahead
At DoverPhila, we offer Term Life and Accident Protection Insurance Programs to ensure your best-laid plans don't get derailed.
Term Life Insurance
Up To $150,000. It's possible that your family's future may depend on the benefits your life insurance provides. Term Life Insurance represents a simple, affordable way to help your family continue to enjoy the quality of life you had always planned for them. Click here to learn more.
Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
$1,000 -- and at NO COST to you. To show how much we value your membership, DoverPhila has arranged to provide all active members age 18 to 74 with $1,000 of Basic Accident Protection Insurance. This valuable coverage is paid for by your credit union. Click here to learn more.
Auto GAP Insurance
GAP insurance can provide valuable protection during the early years of your car's life if you have a loan or a lease. If a loss occurs, GAP insurance will pay the difference between the actual cash value of the vehicle and the current outstanding balance on your loan or lease. GAP Insurance protects your vehicle lease or loan. Sometimes it will also pay your regular insurance deductible.
If your vehicle has been totaled by accident, theft, fire, flood, tornado, vandalism, or hurricanes, your insurance company typically pays the actual cash value. That may be less than its actual retail value. It is often considerably less than the actual amount you still owe on your loan or the amount due for a lease payoff.
The difference between your insurance deductible and the loss from this financial shortfall is the “gap” you can be left owing.
How a "GAP" occurs (using fictitious numbers):
- You purchase a car that costs $25,000 and you drive it off the lot
- After paying the down payment, you owe $24,000 in car payments over 5 years (0% interest loan = $400 car payments)
- You purchase physical damage insurance (comprehensive and collision) with a $500 deductible to protect you against damages and loss
- You have an accident while you are still upside down on your loan or lease ("Upside down" means owing more on a car than it's worth) and your vehicle is totaled
- The insurance company determines that the actual cash value of the car is only $22,000, but at the time of the loss you still owe $23,500
- GAP insurance should pay the difference plus your deductible totaling $2000. (Not all GAP policies pay the deductible)
Here are the line items:
- Loan Payoff at the time of accident: $23,500
- Vehicle's actual value at the time of accident: $22,000
- Your deductible: $500
- Physical Damage Insurance Company pays: $21,500 ($22,000 minus $500 deductible)
- GAP insurance pays the difference between what is owed and what the Physical Damage Insurance Company pays (plus your deductible): $2000
Typically a new car is worth approximately 30 percent less in 3 months than the day it was purchased! In our example above, if you owned the car for 3 days, had physical damage coverage and the car was totaled, you could owe 20% to 30% of the $24,000 ($4,800 to $7,200 out of your pocket) even though you purchased "full coverage."
Car owners often assume that if their car is totaled, it will be replaced at the amount they paid, or at least the amount they owe. This is not so. Many car insurance companies offer a GAP option (Loan/Lease Gap Insurance) as an optional coverage that is available with physical damage coverage.
Remember these possible exclusions/policy rules:
- Maximum Limit of Loss: $50,000
- A GAP claim settlement may not cover the entire gap due, when your loan's Original Amount Financed exceeds 150% of MSRP (new vehicle) or NADA Retail Value (used vehicles
- The claim settlement does not cover late charges or other penalties due to your lender
- Your loan amount financed must be less than or equal to $100,000
- Your loan term must not be greater than 84 months
- The loan must not have a balloon payment due at the end of the term
Comment Update: Your situation where you left the dealership and only have the car for 15 minutes is the perfect scenario where GAP insurance applies. The car isn't worth the value you paid for it; therefore, your insurance company will only give the "cash value" of the car. The other person is likely responsible for all the damages, but if their company doesn't give you full value, then GAP insurance would pay the difference and likely go after the liable party.
Auto Advantage Program with Auto Deductible Reimbursement (ADR)
As an added benefit and to thank you for purchasing GAP, we will provide you with the Auto Advantage Program which includes the Auto Deductible Reimbursement (ADR) benefit and other valuable services*.
ADR provides members with reimbursement of their primary auto insurance deductible (up to $500) in the event of a covered claim. ADR is awarded to all DoverPhila members who purchase GAP; however, only losses for passenger vehicles (cars, trucks, and vans) are eligible for reimbursement under the ADR program.
*Auto Deductible Reimbursement (ADR) is one benefit of the Auto Advantage Program. Other benefits include Personal ID Resolution Consulting and Warranty Registration.”
When buying any vehicle there is always a chance of having a mechanical breakdown. These breakdowns can be very expensive to repair. With a vehicle service contract from Vision Warranty Corporation, members can add protection against the unexpected high cost of vehicle repairs – sometimes eliminating the cost altogether.
All plans cover ordinary wear that exceeds the manufacturer’s published tolerances on covered components. Regardless of the number of repairs, only one deductible is paid per visit.
Benefits included in all plans:
- Roadside Assistance Services Including: Towing/wrecker service, Gasoline delivery, flat tire change, battery-jump service, lockout services, and concierge services
- Rental Car Reimbursement: Payments are limited to the actual rental cost not to exceed $35.00 per day, and not to exceed seven (7) days.
- Trip Interruption: Reimbursement for meals and lodging when a covered failure occurs more than 100 miles from home not to exceed $100 per day, and not to exceed three (3) days.
- Manufacturer’s Deductible Reimbursements: if a part is replaced under the manufacturer’s warranty and that same part is covered under this contract, we will pay the deductible that the manufacturer charged up to a $100.00 maximum.
|Level One||Engine, Transmission, Drive Axle|
|Level Two||Engine, Transmission, Drive Axle, Brakes (ABS and Non ABS), Air Conditioner, Steering, Suspension, Fuel, Electrical|
|Level Three||This is top coverage for a vehicle that covers items listed in previous plans, along with all other parts on a vehicle except those listed in exclusions in the service contract. Vehicles newer than 11 years old, with less than 100,000 miles on the odometer at the time of the contract’s purchase, will qualify for this coverage only.|
Optional coverages such as commercial use, snow plow, lift kit/tire modifications, and total loss refund are available. Please speak to a loan officer for more details.
Loan Protection Coverage
A loan is a commitment, a promise you're expected to keep. Life is full of uncertainties. Loan protection helps eliminate the worry associated with making your loan payments when those unexpected events occur that can cause a financial loss to your family. Your loan payment may be canceled without penalty, added interest, or reported as delinquent to the credit bureau when a protected event occurs.
A variety of life events can be covered that will help eliminate the worry of financial loss.
Death: Cancels outstanding loan balance up to $50,000
Involuntary Unemployment: Cancels up to twelve consecutive monthly loan payments per occurrence up to $1,000 per month
Disability: Cancels up to twelve consecutive monthly loan payments per occurrence up to $1,000 per month
Unpaid Family Leave: Cancels up to three consecutive monthly loan payments per occurrence up to $1,000 per month
We offer five programs for you to choose from, one of which will fit your particular life situation.
|Plan I||Death, Disability, Involuntary Unemployment, Unpaid Family Leave|
|Plan II||Disability, Involuntary Unemployment, Unpaid Family Leave|
|Plan III||Death, Involuntary Unemployment, Unpaid Family Leave|
|Plan IV||Death, Disability, Unpaid Family Leave|
There are eligibility requirements, conditions, and exclusions that apply to this program. For complete details, speak with one of our loan officers. We can provide you with our Loan Protection Agreement which provides complete details and answers to the most frequently asked questions about our product.
Home & Auto Insurance
As a credit union member, you have access to the TruStage Auto & Home Insurance Program. That means an opportunity to save money on a policy issued by Liberty Mutual, a leading insurer, and exclusively available for credit union members. Your home and car is a big investment, so make sure it's protected at a good price.
This TruStage program works closely with Liberty Mutual to provide the quality protection you need at prices you can afford.
More discounts can mean even more savings
Discounts on home insurance
- Credit union member discount
- New home
- Smoke detectors
- Burglary and fire alarms
- Inflation protection
Discounts on car insurance
- Credit union member discount
- Multi-car discount
- Anti-lock brakes
- Air bags, automatic seat belts
- Anti-theft devices
- Good student discount
Benefits for home insurance
- Guaranteed home repairs
- Fast service - many claims are settled on the spot
- Hassle-free replacement of personal items
- Assistance finding temporary living, if needed
Benefits for car insurance
- 24-hour claims service (even on holidays)
- Fast appraisals (typically within 24-hours)
- Guaranteed auto repairs (for as long as you own the vehicle)
Or schedule an appointment with a local Liberty Mutual representative for a personalized quote.
Christopher Fontes 330-604-7240